Are Your Life and Business Fulfilling?
I help today’s innovators build fulfilling lives and businesses using evidence-based psychology.
If you want to maximize your potential, do work that resonates with you, and make the most of your most precious resource—time—read on to discover how you can build an Intentional Life.
What Do People Say About Me?
Why Do People Come to Me for Coaching?
- You’re tired of the status quo and want to carve your own path in life and business.
- You want to do meaningful, purpose-driven work that fulfills you, but don’t know where to start.
- You’re a “workaholic” and want to create a better work/life balance, so you can enjoy the life you’ve worked so hard to build.
- Deep down, you know what you want to do with your life or business, but need help developing the courage and accountability to make it a reality.
- You want to make better decisions that get you closer to a life you enjoy, but nothing you’ve tried has moved the needle.
- You want clarity on which business to build next, or how to pivot your current business, so you can make an impact doing work that resonates with you.
- You’re tired of all the productivity “hacks” and want clarity on how to actually move the needle toward doing work that matters.
- You want a “thought-partner,” a neutral third-party, to help you problem-solve and brainstorm ideas for your business.
What Have My Clients Achieved So Far?
- Removed themselves as a bottleneck for their company and freed up 15 hours each week. How valuable would an extra 780 hours a year be for you and your business? That’s over a full calendar month’s worth of more time.
- Crafted an authentic brand narrative to position their company as the go-to authority in their niche.
- Codified their expertise into an email-based course to help companies optimize their transition to fully-remote.
- Created a thriving subscription-based membership platform that energizes them and allows them to explore their creativity by helping others become entrepreneurs.
- Wrote a book to help founders navigate the startup world while prioritizing mental health, and is working on their latest startup focused on optimizing human nutrition to prepare us to be a spacefaring society.
- Developed the courage to put themselves and their work into the world and overcame limiting beliefs around Imposter Syndrome and realize the value they have to give to the world.
Who Am I?
I’m Dr. Corey Wilks, a Licensed Clinical Psychologist and Executive Coach with 15 years of experience in evidence-based psychology.
I believe too many people die regretting not having done more with their lives. So I want to help as many people flourish as I can with the time I have left.
Time is our most precious resource—because it’s the one thing we can never get more of once it’s gone.
Everything I do is about helping people build an Intentional Life—where you do meaningful, purpose-driven work that fulfills you and make the most of the time you have left.
And I believe the path to an Intentional Life is rooted in identifying your Core Value and building your life—and your business—aligned with it. Because when your work resonates with you, everything you do feels like a breath of fresh air and fills you with energy.
What Stops People from Building an Intentional Life?
Every client I’ve worked with has struggled with one (or more) of these obstacles:
The Four Horsemen of Fear
We’re afraid of failing. We’re afraid of what other people will say about us. We’re afraid of not having all the answers and not knowing which path is right. And more than anything, deep down, most of us are afraid to succeed. Here’s an article that goes in-depth on each of the Four Horsemen and how to conquer them.
Lack of Clarity
Every decision you make has the potential to get you one step closer to, or one step further away from, an Intentional Life. Most people don’t know what they actually want out of life, or how to build a business that fulfills them. Until you know this, it’s hard to know which decision will take you in the right direction or how to develop a plan to make it a reality.
Lack of Accountability and Support
Having someone to help keep you focused on execution, to offer support and validation, or act as impartial counsel to bounce ideas off and refine your decision-making process are critical to ensuring you get on, and stay on, the right path.
How Can Coaching Help You Achieve Success?
Most of what we tackle revolves around helping you develop clarity on what direction to take your life and business, then developing a specific plan to achieve it.
When you’re in charge of your business, it’s easy to be unsure which path to take and feel alone blazing your own trail. Either because you’re surrounded by “yes-men,” have blind spots or limiting beliefs, or have a vision those around you can’t understand. Each of these prevents you and your company from making meaningful progress.
Through coaching, you get blunt, constructive, actionable feedback from a neutral professional to help you work through ideas. Through this thought-partnering, you’ll gain clarity on which decisions best align with your mission.
So you can build a meaningful, purpose-driven business—and life—that fulfills you.
If you want to be more intentional with how you live, make better decisions, and create an impact on the world, coaching can help you build a legacy worth your most precious resource—time.
Because the alternative is to join the 76%.
What’s the Worst That Could Happen?
Imagine: You’re on your deathbed looking back at your life. Yeah, you made a lot of money, but it cost you a lifetime of doing unfulfilling and uninspiring work. Despite all your successes, you feel like your life was always missing something. You regret not pursuing that thing you always wanted to do, but you’re out of time.
You’re on your deathbed staring back at a lifetime of regret.
According to a Cornell University study, 76% of people die with the same regret —they never lived up to their potential because they accepted a mediocre life.
Another scary number?
According to Dr. Abraham Maslow—less than 1% of people ever reach their potential.
So 99% of us never reach our potential or build a meaningful life, and most of us die regretting it.
This doesn’t have to be your future.
My mission is to make sure it isn’t. I’ve watched too many people die with regrets because they didn’t start building their ideal life until it was too late. They spent 40+ years chasing the wrong thing or paralyzed by fear because they convinced themselves freedom and fulfillment were unattainable.
I don’t want you to die with these regrets.
You can live a meaningful life—where you’re free to live each day on your terms and do work that matters.
And coaching can help you make it a reality.
We start by clarifying your Core Value—what makes you tick on a fundamental level. Then we create goals that align with that value, so every goal gets you one step closer to your ideal life. Then we identify obstacles that could prevent you from achieving those goals. Once we know what obstacles to anticipate, we identify what strengths and resources you have at your disposal that you can leverage to overcome any obstacle that comes your way. Finally, with all these pieces in place, we develop a step-by-step action plan to get you from where you are to where you want to go.
The GOLD Framework is deceptively simple but incredibly effective because it’s designed to evolve with you.
As your needs change and life throws new obstacles your way, the GOLD Framework stays flexible so you can change it to fit your current circumstances.
If you want a peek into how I approach coaching, check out this article I wrote to help Ali Abdaal tackle his eight challenges to build a fulfilling life and business.
How Can We Work Together?
I’ve found that the longer and more consistently we work together, the more progress you can make.
It takes time to dial into what it takes to build a fulfilling life and business. And to build a deep relationship to maximize your results, I limit how many clients I take on to ensure everyone I work with gets my full attention.
I currently offer 1:1 coaching on a monthly retainer basis:
Total Duration: 1 month (ongoing until canceled)
First Session: 90 minutes
Follow-Up Sessions: 60 minutes (max 1 per week)
If you choose to do the full amount (weekly sessions), this means you’ll have 4 sessions each month.
When you enroll in coaching, the first session will be 90 minutes, so you walk away with clarity and a blueprint to move forward toward building a fulfilling life and business.
Every session afterward is 60 minutes up to once per week, and by the end of each one, you should walk away with more clarity, a deeper understanding of how to move forward, and exercises to practice between sessions.
If you or your company are interested in longer packages or other formats (group coaching, etc.), email me at coaching [at] coreywilkspsyd.com
Not Ready to Invest in 1:1 Coaching?
I distilled the best strategies I use in 1:1 coaching and turned them into a curriculum alongside a highly-engaged, supportive community of high-achieving people dedicated to being more intentional with how they live, work, and create.
Intentional Life Design is a 5-week live cohort-based course designed to help you get hyper-clear on what you want, overcome what’s standing in your way, and make it a reality.
If you want to learn more, and enroll in the next cohort, check out the course page here:
Ready to Build a Fulfilling Life and Business?
Click below to apply to enroll in 1:1 coaching.